- Email and mailing lists, websites and domains, databases
- Business apps like Office 365, Quickbooks, CRM and document management software
- Documents and pictures – storage, formatting, sizing – pdfs, jpegs…
- PCs, laptops, networks, internet and remote access, printing
- Hooking up phones and tablets
- Backups, viruses and trojans, internet security.
- Creating and improving databases, setting up reports, moving data between systems
- Websites, upgrading and integrating them into your business processes
- Mailings, setting up and managing mailing lists and contacts databases
- Automating, getting apps to talk to each other, setting up processes like email invoicing
- Remote access to your network or computers – between offices, home, and for travelling
- Setting up new computers and laptops with all the software and applications, to work on your network
- Finding the best combination of 'terrestrial' and 'cloud' web services, and managing the upgrade process
Using technology effectively is an organic process of continual growth, adaption and renewal. With 20 years experience getting IT and web technology to work for people, I can help you plan and develop the right mix of tools and strategies you'll need to use it creatively, with a light touch, to really expand what your organisation is able to do, and how far it can reach.